Wednesday, January 7, 2009

25 Day Travesty

Well, the 25 Day Maintenance Diet did work that well. I ended up gaining 16 pounds. Granted, this was the Holidays and I did not work out for almost 3 weeks. I spent some time with my family which was nice. My whole family was together for Christmas for the first time in at least 6 years. Also, as discussed in an earlier post, I finally joined The Tequila Club. That was a good night, but the 2nd time we went was even better (Luckily, my brother-in-law was strong enough to join me in the club). Of course, shots of tequila usually make an evening better (7 shots down, 43 more to go until I get the velvet painting of myself on the wall...tell me that's not some sort of motivation).


I have been thinking about it recently, and I wonder what I would have done if my 25 day break had been in any other month. I think I would have done a lot better. The holidays have historically been a bad diet time for everyone. With all the effort I put forth on the diet, I just crashed afterwards, but I am sure, if the break was over the summer, I would have maintained a lot better.

This pic alone is pretty descriptive of the whole break:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

the game is on. care to make it interesting? you should have taken the picture with the GIANT bottle of gin.
keep it up!

Suzanne said...

Sacha! Congratulations!!! I could not be more impressed. You look like a whole new man--well, I'm sure you feel like one, too! Here's to health in 2009!

JerriB said...

Hey you have inspired me!

Lauren C said...

Congrats! You have inspired me as well! Did you use an elliptical machine at the beginning since it was low impact?