Sunday, August 17, 2008

IT"S BACON

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAMS!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, MY FAVORITE PENGUIN!!

I really wanted to make this blog all about bacon, but I decided against it. I am not sure, but I think I might have mentioned this before, I like bacon (IT'S BACON, I'D GET IT MYSELF, BUT I DON'T HAVE THUMBS). It's crispy, it tastes good, what more do you need (I'll tell you..I've had bacon pancakes, yes, that's right, bacon pancakes. Let it marinate. Soooo good.). In fact, when I was in college, Miller High Life (the Champagne of Beers) ran a billboard ad campaign that featured their logo as 3/4 of the billboard and various phrases on the remaining 1/4 (I have no picture for this, but I will continue to look). Anyway, one of the phrases was "Potato Salad, Egg Salad, I like salad." However, my favorite one was very simple, all it said was "I like bacon." AWESOME!! (people from Boston, please feel free to add "WICKED" in front of "AWESOME" (that means you Collin and Emily (the "K" is silent) Waters)).

"How was my day?" you ask? That was very nice of you, I will tell you. I woke up and went to work (I was going to wake up early and do stuff, but that stupid sexy snooze button (super sexy) won me over again). Work was not bad today. The Large Department Store that I work at had a sale. It was pretty busy, needless to say (yet I felt the need to say it, odd). (I think you might have noticed, but I think I am going a little overboard on the parenthetical phrases. In the previous paragraph, I put a parenthetical phrase in a parenthetical phrase in a parenthetical phrase and I want......I just went cross-eyed.) Wow, this might (might?) be getting brutal.

After work, I went to my friend's father's 80th birthday party. I was the camera/video man. It was an interesting evening, as I just had a digital camera. Let me explain, this was a big party, and when you are at a big party, the "professional" camera guy usually has a normal camera, big lens, focus, "say cheese", what not. So, when I walked up to a table, with my little digital, and said, "I am taking pictures for the party", I got some weird looks. One table was very reluctant to let me take their picture (let alone videotape them). Eventually, people found out I was legit and not some random party crasher taking pictures of everyone. This made my job a lot easier. Afterwards, we went to an arcade and played some skee-ball. With the tickets we won, my friend bought a stretchy monkey. A monkey that stretches (run w/it). We ended up at my friends place and played Rock Band for awhile. I really enjoy that game.

That is all for today. I hope you enjoyed today's blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. Let me know what you think, any improvements I can make, any topics you would like me to discuss, and recipes for bacon I might not know about.




By the way, I typed this whole thing with no pants on (wish you were beautiful, the scenery is here). And to all a good night.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo - Thanks for the birthday wishes.