Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday Night Special

Actually, it is not that special. I got to sleep-in today, which was nice, but was a little weird. I have gotten into the habit of waking up early. After that, I had some breakfast (BACON!!), then went to work. Work was good today. Like I said, I work in a large department store. I work on the first floor in the area that sells small appliances (toasters, coffee makers,blenders, etc) and cookware. I also know the bedding/bath area and the fine China area. This allows me to wander around and "help" people. I was able to "help" my friend a lot today which always makes my days better, but, of course, she opened and I closed, so I was pretty bored the last 3 hours after she left. We get to work together tomorrow though.

Now I am home, watching the Olympics, again. Saw Phelps win a gold and break a world record, again. He now has more golds than anyone. I love watching sports, but the one thing that annoys me is that the commentators repeat the same bit of information so many times. Phelps' race lasted 1 minute and 52 seconds. During that time, the commentators mentioned 15 times that he had already won 3 golds and had 3 world records already this year. They also mentioned 25 times that if he won gold, which the commentators were not afraid to award him before the race even began, he would have more than anyone.

Enough Olympics, I am going to watch a movie. I am going to watch City of God. It's a Brazilian movie about the slums in the 60's and 70's. It really is one of the best movies I have ever seen. Some people think it is violent, but I think I have become desensitized to the violence in (what? No, Mr. President, I did not say I became de-scent-ified. I still have the ability to smell.) movies. I watched Boondock Saints last night. I really like that movie as well. I suppose it might be a little too violent as well, but it is a really good story. It is also impressive that it the first movie from the writer/director.

Before I go, Phelps just won another gold (4x200M relay) and broke another record. That's 5 gold medals and 5 world records in this Olympics alone. Say good night, Huey. Good night, Huey.

0 comments: