Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 15

Today - 1.6, total - 22.6

I feel great today. After a slight gain, I am back on the weight loss slide. I went to work out this morning again. I lifted more today than I did last week, and I still feel fine. One of the changes I made was that I was just doing 1 set of 15 reps, but today I did 2 sets of 10 reps. Not much different, but a change and more of a workout (it sounds like very little, but I am trying to build up to more). I walked on the treadmill again, and it was a little painful. For some reason, my shins were hurting, but I kept walking. I used the incline again today, the first time for 0.4 miles at 2.0 and again at the end of the walk at 2.0 for over 7 minutes. It really is a brutal thing to be on a treadmill for an hour, but it is so satisfying when I finish. Also, I don't know if this is common now, or new, but the treadmills at my gym have decline, so for a few minutes, I walked down hill as well, which was nice.

Work was pretty much the same old, same old. I had lunch with my new friend from cosmetics which was nice. She is a little crazy, but has also been inspired by me and my diet. She decided that she is going to stick to her diet as well. This means she cannot order sliders and wings anymore (she is the one who was nice enough to eat sliders in front of me when I was eating rabbit food Saturday night). And it was slow today, and I did not walk that many laps, but I did get 4.4 miles just at work, according to my pedometer.

That is it for today. Tomorrow, I am changing the route of my morning walk, but there will be more about that tomorrow.

2 comments:

Dirty Martini said...

Snooze

Michael Friedl said...

Sascha, you could be developing shin splints, which can range from irritating to debilitating. I think you should stick to flat treadmill walking for the next week and see if it gets better.

But you are 7.6 days ahead of schedule. Rocking!