Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Day 17

Today - 1.0, total - 24.0


I hate to say it, but today was more of the same. I woke up early to work out (that hour on the treadmill is such a pain, but feels so good when I am actually done), and then went to work. Work was not that interesting other than the fact we already have Christmas stuff in the store. It is so early, and so annoying. There is nothing like a store full of ornaments (and some weird ones as shown in the pic on the side) and it's not even October.

Enough about that. I know I have said it before, but, finally, this blog is about my menu. Below is a sample of my average daily food:

Morning:

1 Banana (before workout)
2 cups of Cantaloupe or Honeydew
1 cup of Grapes
1 Hard-boiled Egg

Snack 1:

1 Activia Yogurt, low-fat
1 Orange or Pear
Lunch:

1 cup Brown Rice
4-5 oz. grilled Chicken (marinated in a low-sodium Garlic-Herb Marinade)
Salad with 1 to 2 cups Romaine lettuce, 1/2 cup Spinach, 4 slices of Cucumber, 4 Grape Tomatoes, 1/2 cup Broccoli, 1/2 Cauliflower, 1/4 cup Peppers (Red, Green and Yellow), 1/4 cup Carrots, and 1/4 cup sliced Celery. (I try not to put salad dressing on this, but there have been days that I put a little on.)

Snack 2:

1 Apple (This varies a lot, but is usually a piece of fruit, or some Celery sticks or some Carrots.)

That is all I eat in a day. I have been drinking a lot of water. 5 or 6 bottles of water and on days I lift, a 20 oz of Powerade Zero (mmmm Grape). That is all for today.

2 comments:

Dirty Martini said...

You have some interesting ad links here: one for men's prostate health & another for "I am bananas"? - I don't know why but my mind is running to: "I'm not gonna fall for no banana in the tail pipe"

Anonymous said...

Don't believe her. Dirty Martini always falls for the banana in the tail pipe.