Monday, September 22, 2008

Day 22

Today - 0.4, total - 25.6

I am back on track. I did go for two 4 mile walks yesterday to make up for the weight gain. I realized, after talking to DM, that this is a lifestyle change. Normally, on a Sunday, or any day off, I would do nothing. I would sit around, watch TV, eat and that's it. I am really happy I got out and did something. Even though it was just for an hour, it was better than sitting around for that hour, and going on 2 walks is twice as good.

I really feel like I am making improvements in what I can do also. When I started this program, I walked about 2 miles a day, and when I used the treadmill, it was a very painful hour without any incline. Today when I went to the gym, I walked for an hour and did about 13 or 14 minutes of level 3.0 incline. Last week, I was walking about 25 minutes at level 2.0 and have stepped up the incline (granted, the difference between 2.0 and 3.0 is not that much, but it is a change).

I also have noticed my clothes are fitting looser, which is nice. I used to go to work, tie my tie and immediately unbutton the top button of my shirt so I would be more comfortable. Now I can work all day with the top button buttoned and I am fine. My neck is smaller than it has been in a long time. It is a little change, but it is a satisfying difference.

That is all for today, but I am hoping for a good number tomorrow.

0 comments: