Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day 46

Today - 0.4, total - 44.0




What a day. I went on a long walk today (which has now just become "my walk" as opposed to an "extended walk"), that was 5.5 miles. The worst parts were the 2 major hills I walked up. It was not easy, but I pushed through. I realized that like much of this diet, I do not like the struggle and the work, but if I make myself keep working, I feel better about completing something I put my mind to and I feel great about the results. I have really become adapted to this diet and exercising every morning feels so good.

After the walk, I was a little sore, but I think that was from yesterday. I am trying to add to my workouts, so I did the elliptical machine for 20 minutes. I did not like it. I made it through, somehow, but it wore me out. I then walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes. I walked 40 minutes at an incline including a total of 10 minutes at Level 5.0, which is more than I have been doing.
One really interesting thing about yesterday was that I was broadcast on the internet. Let me explain. I was talking to one of the people that works in Cosmetics the other day about my diet and what I had changed in my life. It turns out, her and husband have a nightly show that they broadcast on blogtv.com called J Francis Radio. She asked me to be on the show to get my story out, and so I said yes. Anyway, they called me last night and interviewed me about the diet. There are a few links as they break the video into 10 minute segments, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4.

It was good to get a new audience to share my story about this Challenge (and to those of you who listened last night, keep reading and tell your friends). I will also be on the show, in the studio, next Tuesday night. They broadcast at 9 PM PST at http://www.blogtv.com/People/Jfrancisradio, so remember to check it out.

0 comments: