Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Road Trip Day #4

Apparently, my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard. This is one of those things that you don't need to worry about. So let's see, we left for Philly today. We spent the obligatory night in NY (I look like a wookie) getting wasted and felt the effects this morning. To explain the wookie line, according to my three traveling companions, I leave hair in the bathroom shower and I snore like one. Granted, of the four of us, none of us have ever actually met a wookie, but Roy, Gootch and and Chachi are convinced that I snore like one. Maybe, I snore like one or one snores like me, but either way, I should get this checked out.


This morning we got up and headed to Philly. This was, by far, the easiest leg of the trip. It was only about 2 hours to drive so we had some free time. After getting to Philly and showering and reading we went to do the one thing we felt necessary while there, get a Philly cheesesteak. There are 2 places that are legendary, Geno's and Pat's. Both places are across the street from each other and are really not that big. Chachi and I decided to get one from each and split it so we could experience both. PHENOMENAL. Far and away, the best cheesesteaks we have ever had. The one weird thing that we noticed is that Geno's was easily better than Pat's, but Pat's was still better than any cheesesteak I had ever had. I am not sure what it was, but everything about it was so good.

After that, we went to the game. We saw the Phillies play the Mets. We got to see Santana pitch for the Mets, but again, we were not that interested in the outcome. This lead to walking around the stadium, which is really nice, and leaving the game early. We went to hotel and got some food and headed out for the night. Shockingly, after 4 days of driving and partying, we were all exhausted and just wanted a quiet night. We rallied and ended up having a good time though.

That is all from Philly until tomorrow.

0 comments: