Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day 10

Weight lost today: 1.0 Total weight lost: 18.0

I am 10% done, 1/10 of the way there and I feel great. I am so stoked about how I am doing and all the support I have gotten. Today was a normal day, woke up early, worked out, went to my friends (but did not scramble) and then went to work. I did walk figure 8's at work again, but I was so bored, I counted the steps and did some math. Here goes: 1 circuit is 128 steps which means that it is about 320 feet (this is based on the average step being 30 inches as I have not measured my steps yets). That means for every 16.5 laps I do, that is 1 mile. I have no idea how many laps I did, but I was walking for quite some time. Tomorrow, I am going to buy a pedometer so that I will have to do less math. Not that I mind the math, but I think having a pedometer is a little more accurate than counting steps and using an average step length.

Moving on. Thanks to Chachi, I have a new drink. He told me about Powerade Zero when we were on vacation. I have never been into energy drinks or really had a use for them, as I was not very active before. I tried the grape version of Powerade Zero and I really like it. It tastes so much better than any other sports drink I have ever had. As an added bonus, there are no carbs and no calories and it has extra B12. I am not going to drink it every day, but I think I will get it on days that I lift.

I think that is all for today. I am going to be making changes to this blog and hopefully it will be more interesting. Please let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Michael Friedl said...

Great job, Sascha. You are off to a GREAT start on this project. Who knew you could drop almost 20 pounds in such a short time, and by doing it sensibly. I like the changes to the blog, and am going to head out and pick up some Powerade Zero.

Unknown said...

Sascha!!! What up dawg?? I love the new look. What's going on with the website? I'm trying to keep up with you. I've lost 7.5lbs. It's hard. I started working out before work too. As a matter of fact, I'm just going to copy everything you do. Keep sending details.