Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day 11

Today: 1.2 pounds, total: 19.2 pounds


There are still more changes to come on this blog. I am just getting the hang of the formatting and the html codes to change it to how I want it. I think it is pretty close to what I want. As for what I did today, more of the same. I woke up, went for a walk (it has now been extended to 3.6 miles), and made my food for a few days. This was a little different than normal. I got a recipe from Dirty Martini and had to get some ingredients for it, chicken broth (fat free and low sodium) and thyme. I tried a little after I made it and it is pretty good (thanks DM). After that (and much scrambling), DM and I went to Walmart to get a pedometer and a food scale. This was a fun experience as the whole time, we just found ways to insult each other and waste time. What was supposed to be a quick trip took over an hour because she ended shopping for other stuff (really, who needs a place mat with all the Presidents of the US on it? It will be outdated in 4 months). The best part was that when I got my scale home, it was broken and would not work. BRUTAL. I returned it, but used the trip as a chance to test the pedometer. Apparently, from my couch to car to Walmart and back was just over 400 steps. Not a bad start.

As I was talking about food, there is story I think you might find interesting. I mentioned before that I was on a weight loss program three years ago. When I started that, my trainer told me to only eat fruits and vegetables. This was made easier by the fact that I lived and worked right next to a Ralphs grocery store. Every day, I would get the pre-cut fruits and vegetables and eat them and I didn't think much about it. The food would make my stomach hurt, but I just thought it was the fact that the only vegetables I ate before the diet were surrounded by meat, cheese and bread. One day, one of the guys I worked with took me to Whole Foods and I had their salad buffet. No pain. Nothing. And it tasted better. I didn't notice or think much about it until I ate at Ralphs again and the pain came back. It almost made me nauseous. That was the last time I ate from the salad buffet at Ralphs and the last time I had an upset stomach after eating only fruits and vegetables. Maybe it's just me (DM thinks it's all in my head), but I felt a difference. There must be something that they spray on their food to keep it fresh longer. I don't know, but that is my story. Now I am getting my fruits and vegetables from Trader Joes.
One more day done, one more pound, one more step closer.

4 comments:

Michael Friedl said...

Great formatting, Sascha. Oh, and the Ralphs produce stuff is all in your head. And tell me why you are ducking me at Scramble. huh? It's not like I've ever beat you or anything. Must be something else...

Anonymous said...

SASCHAFRASCH!!!!! Jon and I just finished reading your blog for today and we are super-duper-looper entertained and impressed with you!!! PS....I think that TJ's produce is WAYYYYY better than Ralph's (and if you want to get the REALLY good stuff, hit your local Farmer's Market to pick up produce!!! Plus you can see Jon there, which is pretty much AWESOME!!!) Anyway, we are both very proud of you, and excited for your continued success! Remember: escalators can never be broken: they just become temporarily stairs. SORRY FOR THE CONVENIENCE!

Dirty Martini said...

I bet you still can't tell me who the 10th President of the US was. Maybe you need to borrow my placemat.

Anna said...

Good Job Sascha. I have been keeping up with your blog and I am so happy that you are well. You are a great inspiration.