Saturday, September 13, 2008

Day 13

Today - (0.6), Total - 20.0

That's what it is. Lucky number 13. Today I gained 0.6 pounds. Admittedly, this depressed me a little this morning. I waffled about going for a walk, but when I stepped out the door, I thought a lot about it on my walk. I ended up extending my walk, again, and it is now about 4 miles according to my pedometer ( I drove it in my car, and it appears my pedometer is pretty accurate). I realize that every once in awhile, especially after tweaks to my diet, there will be days that I either don't lose or even gain weight. I also realized what I think is the cause of this. Yesterday was the first day I ate the chicken broth brown rice. I bought the low sodium broth, but it still had a lot. I think this extra sodium played a part in water retention as I drank the same amount of water that I have been drinking, but I did not pee that much. This made me realize that instead of all broth, I need to split it, and cook with 1/2 water and 1/2 broth. Tweaks. Small changes. I tried it one way, it didn't work and so I must change it and try again. I am still going strong.

Work today was not that exciting. A pretty vanilla day, but after work I went out with one of my co-workers and her husband. I met her awhile ago but never really hung out with her that much before the last 2 weeks. We went to Dave & Busters. BRUTAL. Of course, they ordered the sliders and fries. I fought really hard and was pretty unsure I could hold out, but I ended up getting the house salad without cheese. It was basically salad greens and a few grape tomatoes. I am actually really happy about the fact I held out as this was my first time at a restaurant since the diet began (also, including work and dinner and walking around after, I got about 7,200 steps, or 3.4 miles today).

The more I think about it, I am actually happy where I am at right now. 13 days is not a long time and I have a lot to show for it. More tomorrow...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sascha, this is amazing!! I am really impressed. Isn't it great when you see results? Trader Joe's does great frozen fruit too, which might be good in smoothies if you're looking for something different?
Who is DM??

Michael Friedl said...

Sascha, I'm SO proud of you for sliding the Dodgers, er...I mean dodging the sliders!

I think you are right about the water retention thing on Day 13. This is another reason to chart this every day - you are over it much quicker than if you had a disappointing week.

Stay strong!