Saturday, September 20, 2008

Day 20

Today - 1.0, total, 26.4

SO SWEET. 20 days done. 1/5, or 20%, in the books and I am ahead of schedule. This makes me so happy. I have been thinking about this all week, as I knew what today meant. It means that I am sticking to my commitment. I am making a difference and I making improvements. Alright, enough patting myself on the back, I know I can't rest on what I have done, but continue to improve. Also, just to show you, the top pic is from Day 1 and the lower pic is from this morning (also, remember you can click on the pictures for a larger image).

Seeing as I have eaten the same thing for the past 19 days, and I wanted to try something different, I have changed my diet a little bit. The main change I am making is that I am not making my brown rice and chicken for now. I am going to be making sandwiches. I will still get my carbs and protein, but in a different, tastier form.

So how did I make my sandwich you ask? Good question, let's go over it.
First, you have to toast the bread...
The next step is the condiments: Mustard on one side and
a low-fat Cream Cheese mixed with a Red Pepper Spread (from Trader
Joe's) on the other side...

Lettuce is next (thanks to LoveSocks for the "lettuce on both sides" secret)...

More veggies is after that with Tomatoes on one side and cucumbers on the other (pepper on the tomatoes is good too)...

4 slices of low-fat Peppercorn Turkey is so good...

Top that off with a slice of low-fat Provolone and some Parsley...

Put it together, cut it half (thus, one half is all mustard and the other half is the red pepper/cream cheese spread) and add a pear...

Finally, add a small salad, and you have a really good lunch. A really, really delicious lunch.Enjoy the rest of your day.

0 comments: