Monday, October 6, 2008

Day 36


Today - 1.4, total - 35.2

Wow. I am shocked that I lost that much weight today. I know going for a second walk helped. After reading the comment left by DM, I realize that going for 2 walks on a really tough day is such a change in my routine. Normally, I would have sat around and probably eaten even more. It actually felt good to get out and do something positive for once instead of wallowing. Also, thanks DM for reminding me what the name of the restaurant was. I could not remember in my last post, but the name of the first place we went is The Confidential. It was good, but then again, all we had was nuts and olives.

I realize I have lost a lot of weight in the past 5 weeks. James left a comment and asked a good question. I really don't know where I will be in 5 years or even next year. I do know that if I keep seeing the results and keep getting the compliments, it will make it easier to stay on this diet. After the 100 days are over, I know I will need to continue to exercise every day in order to maintain a healthier weight. As for the 1 pound a day, I know that is a lot, and I also know that my pace will slow down. For now, I am enjoying the weight loss and I really feel like I am doing it the right way, but I am well aware that this will slow down. It is not possible to lose weight at this pace for a sustained period of time, but I just have to maintain my diet and exercise to continue to move toward a slimmer me.

Thanks to Charles for the positive sentiment. I know I should have made it to the kayaking extravaganza yesterday, but I just could not bring myself to get out of my house. I felt a lot better after my 2nd walk and I will definitely be there for the next outing. As for the Chicago Cubs, I am still a fan. Just my like my sister (and her angry comment from the other day), Cubs fans have experienced a lot of pain (1989, 1998, 2003, and the last 2 years just in my lifetime alone), and we will continue to support them. One of these years, they have to win it all, and I will be happy in the knowledge that I have always been a fan. There was a positive though. The Chicago Bears won easily yesterday and are now in first place in the NFC North.

Shalini, I know it isn't smooth sailing. I know it is tough. I started thinking about all the things I have started, even the last time I tried to lose weight, and I got to thinking about how I never finish anything. I think I just was afraid of failing and falling short and regressing. This is something in my life that is very important right now and I know I have to not only complete it, but maintain it. I am feeling a lot better today. Getting on the scale and seeing the loss made me feel a lot more confident. I was so confident in fact, that when I went to the gym, I increased the weights I was lifting. I am still afraid of failing, but I know I need to take it one day at a time. One step at a time. One pound at a time.

Work was not that interesting today. Retail really is not that great a job. For example, I mentioned the Christmas ornaments and the glitter (glitter that gets all over my face and clothes after handling the ornaments). I really prefer ornaments like the one below:
Please note, no glitter. Nothing shiny that will get on your face when you wipe it after handling this ornament.

As work was slow, I was thinking more about Saturday night in San Diego. I forgot to mention that we ducked into Hooters in an attempt to wait out the rain. It was very convenient that the Haunted Hotel was right next door. I totally forgot to mention how hot our waitress was. She was so attractive we took a picture.

And on that note....

3 comments:

NS said...

Sascha,

Keep it up buddy I'm really proud of what you've been able to accomplish so far. When I get home in a month I think we'll both have a lot of great things to look forward too. One thing i've learned in the past few years is nothing in life is easy...you just gotta keep fighting and know that you'll never be happy if you give up. Stay strong my friend...

Unknown said...

sean said he doesn't think you're a natural blonde. too funny. i needed a good laugh. glad you're feeling better. the hardest thing in the world is to finish something you start. you're my inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sasha,

Love the blog. I am a friend of Mike Friedl. Truly inspiring and keep up the great work - WooHoo!!!

Grace