Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day 38

Today - 0.6, total - 37.0

Today was an interesting day at the gym. I lifted (there will be a gun show on December 10, get your tickets now), and then got on the treadmill. The first 20 minutes were fine. I walked at an incline for 12 minutes. Then 2 people got on the treadmills on either side of me. On one side was a little brown man who apparently believes in East-Indian hygiene habits (he was a little ripe, and I know I get funky when I work out, but I am pretty sure it is not as bad as this guy). On the other side of me was an older lady (60's) who clearly was more concerned about how she smelled than the little brown man. She must have over compensated by bathing in her cheap perfume that smelled really bad. It smelled like a really bad knock off of a good perfume. And I forgot to mention the best part, there was a fan in front of all 3 of us that was oscillating. UUGGGHHH, every time it turned left, I got a big whiff of stinky to the right, and when the fan turned right, I nearly choked on $3 perfume from CVS. I was not amused to see I still had 39 minutes left on the treadmill. Somehow, I persisted and made it through the hour. They both left after 20 minutes, so I was able to breathe again.

As for food, I make the best eggs. I really do. This is a pic of what I eat every morning. I scramble 2 eggs with peppers (red, green and yellow), onions, and spinach. When the eggs are done, I put salsa on top of it. (This would be a better pic, but I burned them slightly today).

I have said it before, but I really like what I am eating and that is making such a big difference. I have been tempted to stray from my diet. The other day, when I went home, I really wanted chocolate for some reason. I found some and had a piece in my hand (a small individually wrapped Dove bar). For some reason, I stared at it in my hand and realized that I didn't need it. I was OK without eating it so I put the piece back. I resisted and I was pretty happy about that. It's a small change, but it is a positive change in this lifestyle shift. I just need to keep it up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work buddy! I saw you lost 35 pounds so far! Very impressive, the stairs thing is good too. That will come in handy next year on our baseball trip. ;o) Joe

Dirty Martini said...

Sassy - you make the best eggs? I guess you really like burned eggs - I don't think those are the best kind but if you enjoy overcooked scrambled goo with sausage - more power to you - KEEP IT UP!!

Unknown said...

37 Pounds?!!! That is amazing. Keep it up.

Unknown said...

sascha, you continue to amaze. keep riding on this high. you just have to remember not to go back to bad habits when you get to your goal weight. keep up the good work. you're doing awesome!