Monday, October 13, 2008

Day 43

Today - 1.0, total - 41.6


I have tweaked my diet again. I realize that it has been awhile since I talked about what I am eating, so I will talk about it again today. I went grocery shopping yesterday, which overall, was not that exciting, but I did see something that made me a little confused. Check out the pic below:

As you can see, this is a box of Kashi High Fiber Cereal. What I don't understand is the picture or the name of the cereal. Good Friends? Are casual acquaintances not allowed to get an increased boost of fiber? Why are the people so happy? Are they so happy because they had experienced some blockage and they are now much more regular? If you click the link above, it takes you to the Kashi web site, specifically the page for this cereal. On that page it describes the cereal as follows: "This high-fiber trio of flakes, twigs, and granola is absolutely delicious." Am I the only one who does not get that excited about eating twigs? Am I a bird trying to build a nest? I do not understand. Can someone explain this please?


Just to clear things up, I am not bagging on Kashi in general. I did buy their oatmeal as I am trying to change what I am eating, and I have heard that Kashi is supped to be really good for you. In case you are wondering, I got the Vanilla and Honey Cinnamon flavors. As soon as I try them, I will let you know how it is. Anyway, I just don't understand the Good Friends cereal. Maybe it's just me.

I also bought Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt. I was eating Low-Fat Activia, but decided to try something new. The Light & Fit has less carbs than Activia, which should help.

Alright, now for the food. The first menu is for the days I lift weights as I will eat more protein on those days and the second menu is for the other days of the week.

Menu 1 (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and possibly 1 day on the weekend as well)

Breakfast
1 banana - I still eat this every morning before working out.
2 egg scramble - I make this with onions, peppers (red, green and yellow), chicken sausage, spinach and parsley. Occasionally, I will eat this with 2 slices of Oroweat toast. I also mix in spices and hot sauce. It is really good.

Snack 1
Yogurt and an apple

Lunch
Salad - romaine, spinach, peppers (red, green and yellow), cucumbers, carrots, cabbage and this low-sodium/low-calorie spray salad dressing.
Chicken - I am going to barbecue chicken again and add about 3-4 oz to the salad (on some of these days, I will not have toast for breakfast, and I will make a sandwich for lunch).

Snack 2
Low-fat string cheese and either celery or carrots

Dinner (this isn't really dinner, more of another snack)
2-3 slices of low-sodium sandwich meat rolled with lettuce (and/or spinach) and mustard and low-fat cheese (I tried this tonight and it was really good)

Menu 2 (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday)

Breakfast
1 banana - before working out.
Kashi Hot Cereal and an apple - More to talk about later after I actually try it.

Snack 1
Yogurt and celery

Lunch
Salad - romaine, spinach, peppers (red, green and yellow), cucumbers, carrots, cabbage and this low-sodium/low-calorie spray salad dressing.
Chicken - I am going to barbecue chicken again and about 3-4 oz to the salad.

Snack 2
Low-fat string cheese and carrots

Dinner
2-3 slices of low-sodium sandwich meat rolled with lettuce and mustard and low-fat cheese

After much thought, and consulting with DM, I think it will be good to change up what I am eating and control the carbs more. I am really starting to like this diet. I also realize that I am satisfied with what I am eating which makes sticking to the diet that much easier. We will see how it turns out at the end of this week.

0 comments: