Monday, October 20, 2008

Day 50

Today - 0.8, total - 46.4

I am halfway done, I am halfway done, I am halfway done. This is such a good feeling. I have been looking forward to it since I started. I know that now that I am halfway done I can keep pushing for the next half. I am really proud of what I have accomplished so far. I started out walking 2 miles a day and now I am walking 5.5 miles and uphill. I have dropped 2 shirt sizes and almost 3 pant sizes. I can fit into some of my clothes for the first time in 3 years, and I am now the lowest weight I have been in well over 3 years. This is amazing.

So what did I do to celebrate the halfway point of the 100 day challenge? I did yoga for the first time ever. Let me tell you how badly I wished it was being filmed. Grace, balance and any sort of flexibility have been lost on me but I tried. It was ok at first, the general stretching, but then the hard part started. I almost fell over several times, especially when we were supposed to be standing on one leg. Luckily, I was in the back row, in the corner by another guy who had never done yoga before.

Overall, a good day, and a great 50 days. Here's to 50 more...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Keep up the great work!!! Sorry I missed you while you were in New York. I have been swamped at Columbia and haven't done anything except study -- not even sleep! -David

Michael Friedl said...

Very impressive, Sascha! You are doing some amazing things.

Lauren said...

wow, sascha. i have been gone for a month and just looked at your blog for the first time in a while today. Congratulations!!! that is amazing. Keep it up, it will only get better.

Unknown said...

oh to have seen you doing yoga. of all the things i wish to see in my lifetime, that is now at the top of the list. i am dying!!!!